Saturday, July 24, 2010

Colors

Hello,
I am learning about colors and color mixing, and apply it in my picture.


This is an "abstract". I made it with watercolor. "Abstract is in your mind when you don't know or you are not sure what you are going to do", said my mom.


These are two beautiful butterflies and a flower. I made it with oil pastels.
I remembered a beautiful friendship story called, "Don't Worry Bear", that was read by my mom before I went to sleep last night. A little bear has a friend, a caterpillar. One day the caterpillar made a cocoon. "I'll stay inside for a while. But I promise you'll see me again", said the caterpillar. Bear got worried. He came to check the cocoon. Every time he checked it, the caterpillar inside the cocoon said, "Don't worry, Bear. I am not afraid of the dark... A little wind doesn't bother me....I am not getting wet... I am very warm and cozy...." Bear stopped worrying. Until one day, Bear found the cocoon empty. The caterpillar was gone. Bear was afraid he would never see him again. Then the silk moth landed on Bear's paw. "Don't worry, Bear. I am right here", he said.


This painting is called "By the lake". I made it with watercolor. I am still learning how to paint pine trees, bushes and lake. It is difficult, but I cannot give up. I have to practice, practice and practice. "Practice makes perfect", said my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment