Saturday, July 10, 2010

Bon anniversaire

Hello,

I really have fun today. Today is my mom's special day. We watched "the Karate Kid" at Dendy Cinema, Canberra Centre. It was awesome!! The movie setting is in China. You can see the real shaolin temple. It is so amazing!

My mom said that we can learn many things from the movie. Well, she really likes kungfu, especially the Shaolin kungfu.
Mr Han (the master, Jackie Chan): "Kungfu is about to give peace to your enemy, control your anger, give respect and mercy to others". "Being still and calm are the two most important and difficult things to do". You can see how a Shaolin can control a king cobra.
Mr Han asked Dre Parker (Jaden Smith), "Why do you want to learn kungfu?" He answered, "Because I am always scared! I want to fight my scare!".
The last important thing we can learn from the movie that is said by Mr Han is "Life never makes us down. There is always a choice to get back up".

Well, you can see how Dre never gives up. His spirit never dies. Finally, he can beat his scare using the cobra movement: being still and calm. Concentrate! It was really cool when everything turns out to be good at the end.
I like the theme song: Never say never. There is also a beautiful song played with violin: Nocturne Op.9 No.2. in C sharp minor (composed by F. Chopin).

This is my letter for my mom:

Bon anniversaire!
You have that certain
of sweet memories
So here is my song to you from moi
Years filled with all
the fun you can handle
Count the happies
and not the candles
There is no end
to all I wish you
Bon anniversaire
and merci beaucoup!

(From : La birthday song, www.bluemountain.com)

I don't want you to be old, mom. When you'll be a grandma, I'll always visit you and make you a surprise, mom. Keep this letter safely. I always remember you and love you.
Bon anniversaire also for tante Ririn (two days ago) and tante Alfa (tomorrow).


Source of picture: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1155076/

No comments:

Post a Comment