Friday, July 1, 2011

Ice skating

Hello, how are you?
I hope you are all doing great! ^_^

We are going back to Canberra on 27 July 2011, after more than a month I enjoyed my "holidays" in Indonesia. Well, you know, I am a student with the longest absent days at school. That's OK, said my mom. "Like mother like daughter". That's what my mom said. I bet my big brother agrees with me.

We are in the middle of winter in Canberra. It's minus four degree Celcius. This afternoon Trinh stayed with us, cause her mom was moving to a new house. My mom brought Trinh and me to Office Works to print her posters for Poster Competition on ANU Research Fest 2011. It was almost seven pm when my mom has finished printing her posters. My mom called Tante Alfa and all of us went to Canberra Centre to have dinner.


You know what? There was an ice skating promotion at Canberra Centre! Wow! The figure skates performances were spectacular! The music was fantastic!


Tonight was the first night of promotion, so all of the spectators had a chance to try ice skating for free! Hooray! ^_^ That's my first ice skating! Tante Alfa, Trinh and I tried it, but my mom preferred to take our pictures and took care of our belonging.
This is the tent where we borrowed the ice skating shoes.


There were plenty of ice skating shoes for everybody and the staffs were so nice.


It's a bit hard to put on the shoes and my mom had to change the size three times.


It's hard to walk on the ice! I have to be balance. I fell down three times, but I didn't give up!


I had to hold the edges when I walk on the ice. After 30 minutes, I didn't have to hold the edges anymore. I can walk on the ice! It's amazing!






We went home at 9.30 pm and we were still wearing our school uniform! Well, I am gonna have a really nice dream tonight cause I really had an amazing experience! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment