Sunday, December 18, 2011

Tofu

Do you know that tofu is my favorite food?
I do like tofu since I was very small, and until now I still like tofu. My whole family likes tofu.

One day I asked my mom how people mad tofu. Yesterday my mom went to a tofu maker and here is her story:

These are the soybeans


The workers soak the soybeans for around 5 hours, and then wash them again many times. When the soybeans are clean, they put them in a grinding machine.


The soybean powder is then put in a big barrel and boiled. In this picture, the producer use a steam from coal as a fuel. There are several kinds of coal and they have to choose the match calorie for their pipes and machine.


The next step is straining. The workers separate the liquid from the solid.



The workers use the liquid to make tofu, and they put the solid in bags for farm animal feed.



The liquid is then mixed with vinegar solution as a coagulant. The vinegar is then removed and the liquid is put in a mold.


Here are the tofu


The tofu is then cut into pieces and ready to be sold


Mmmm ..... yummy tofu!

No comments:

Post a Comment