Saturday, February 19, 2011

When we were lost

Hello,

This afternoon Tante Alfa, my mom and I had a trip to celebrate Tante Alfa's friend who has already finished her study. It was supposed to be a maximum of two-hour journey, but it became a five-hour journey, because we were lost! We were supposed to meet other friends at a camp site and then we were going to have a caving adventure in Carey's cave, Wee Jasper nature reserve.
My mom and I had already looked at the website this morning about Carey's cave and it was very interesting, since there was an underground workshop. We could learn about crystals, rocks and fossils and their characteristics.
However, we did not expect that we would be lost! My mom did not bring a map and we all depended on a car's GPS. My mom thought, maybe because the weather was not good, because it was raining heavily; or maybe because the area was not covered by the satellite; so the GPS could not work well. The GPS asked us to turn left, turn right, make a U turn .... but all ended in a dead end farms.
Well, we still could see many interesting views...
This is Saint Sava, a Serbian orthodox church.

Green views along the way.

This is me. You can see a wind farm in the background.






Finally, my mom asked to go home .... We were very hungry ..... When we got home, my mom boiled corns and then she added condensed milk and cheese on them. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment