Saturday, September 18, 2010

Canberra Nara Candle Festival

こんにちは Kon'nichiwa,

This evening we went to the Canberra Nara Candle Festival.

Nara is located around 450 kilometres south-west of Tokyo. This year it is celebrating its 1,300th anniversary as Japan's first capital, when the Silk Road developed as a trading route between the east and west. In 1994 Nara Mayor Mr Yasunori Okawa and ACT chief minister Rosemary Follett signed the agreement to form a sister city relationship to exchange culture, education and trade. A couple of years later, the ACT government launched the Canberra Nara Candle Festival, which was called the Tokae Festival of Candlelight in Nara.


The lighting of candles culturally promotes peace and happiness.
Source of picture: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/09/18/3014789.htm


This is a wishing tree.


Many people write their wish on a sheet of paper and hang it on the tree. I have a secret wish .... ^_^ Well, a girl wrote: I wish I could be the smartest girl in the class. Other girl wrote: I wish I could go to Paris.


Some children learn to write Hiragana.


Some children learn to make origami. I wanted to make a bird origami, but it was too late. It is almost close. I have to do it at home.


Some musician play Japanese traditional musical instruments.

さようなら Sayonara
私はろうそく祭り好き Watashi wa rōsoku matsuri-suki

No comments:

Post a Comment