Sunday, August 22, 2010

Spring is in the air!

Hello,

I remembered when I was younger, my mom read a book entitled "It's Spring" for my brother, then my brother read the book for me. It is written by Samantha Berger and Pamela Chanko, and illustrated by Melissa Sweet. The book tells about the signs of spring, the best season in the year. In April the robin began to sing .....The robin told the rabbit...The rabbit told the deer...The deer told the duck...Then all the birds began to sing, to tell the bears: "Wake up, it's spring!"

Yes, the smell of spring is in the air!
In the Northern hemisphere spring can begin in the last of March, but in the Southern hemisphere (such as in Australia) the spring begin in the last of August. How do you know if the spring is coming? There are several signs of spring, such as the spring smell, tree and flower buds, duck flights and songbird songs.

I can hear so many birds are singing and chirping. They are also dancing and flying! I can see the cherry blossom trees (Prunus serrulata) are blooming! They have white, pink, orange and red flowers. Their pink flowers are so beautiful! My mom wondered whether they are the same as the cherry blossom (Sakura) in Japan.











It is still cold and windy here in Canberra, but the sun is shining. "Put on your coat", said the wind. "Take off your coat", said the sun. Well, I solve the problem myself, I just put on my sweater .... ^_^

I love spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment