Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Backyard's birds

Hi,

I find so many backyard's birds everyday. They are very beautiful. My mom always ask me to talk to them and give them bread.

These are domestic pigeon (Columba livia). We found them when we went to the city. They like having a party!


These are galah (Cacatua roseicapilla). They are the icon of my school, North Ainslie Primary School. We found them on the way home. Look at them carefully! There are labels in their wings. My mom thought they might have been studied.


These are Australian King Parrot (Alisterus scapularis). They like to gather on the oak trees to eat acorn or try to find acorns on the ground. They like it when the acorns are soft after raining.


This is an Eastern rosella (Platycercus eximius). It is still in the Parrot's family.


This is a Crimson rosella (Platycercus elegans). It is also in the Parrot's family.



These are sulphur-crested cockatoos (Cacatua galerita). They also like having a party! They don't care of cars, cyclist or pedestrian passing by. They are beautiful but they are easily getting angry.


This is a Magpie (Cracticus tibicen). My mom told me that it is more a carnivore than a herbivore. Maybe that is why it gets into a lot of fights over food. Sometimes there are Magpies and Crows (Corvus bennetti) on Budhe's backyard's door, that make me afraid to open the door. My mom told me to give salaam to them and ask them to leave. It's magic! they seem to understand us and they leave, so I can open the door.

There are still many backyard's birds that my mom haven't had their pictures yet, such as Crested pigeon (Ocyphaps lophotes), etc.

Well, each kind of birds have its special beautiful colors and voice. I like it when they spread their wings and fly. I also like it when they are chirping. God is Glorious! What a wonderful world!

No comments:

Post a Comment